воскресенье, 3 июня 2012 г.

triangle dress


Geometric garment
From the following 3D fashion inspiration, I originally chose to create a garment with two sleeves- one rectangular kimono-styled sleeve, and the other sleeve with various triangles flowing down the left sleeve.  However, toward the end of constructing my garment, I chose differently; I removed the right sleeve and stuck with the left 3D triangular sleeve.

Some alterations that I decided upon were to incorporate an open seam at the upper back neckline and hook & eye closure, rather than a zipper.  While you’re in the creative mix, you can’t help but see other possibilities for your garment other than what you had originally planned.  I’m very happy with the final adjustment…..it works.

In addition to the 3D fashion inspiration are my sketches, patterns, muslin samples, and final garment.

Fabric used: wool with black/white houndstooth print.

Geometric Inspiration







                                                                        Wool swatches                                           

Patterns- Center Front, Center Back, sleeve, and geometric triangles




















PhotobucketPicturePhotobucket
Post image for DecalcomaniaChristian Dior Haute Couture 2009MsCoutureSS1132.jpg

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий